Gourmet Cheese 101
Create a Holiday Cheese Plate.
These are a few simple principles to follow:
- You will need 1 oz. to 1.5 oz. per person of each type of cheese.
- Keep your numbers odd – cheese plates should have an odd number of cheeses.
- Select a variety of different types of cheeses – aged, soft, firm and blue.
- Pick one cheese from each type of milk – cow’s, goat’s and sheep.
- Arrange cheeses from mildest to strongest.
- You should have a variety of crackers or breads.
- Fresh and dried fruits work well as pairings.
- Add a few accompaniments like toasted nuts, fruit, quince paste, honey, jams or preserves.
- Relax and Enjoy!
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season this winter.