Roasting Hardy Family Dinners.Follow these simple steps for oven roasting:
- Coat the meat with a little oil and lightly season with salt and pepper or other seasonings you prefer.
- Add vegetables in the pan to roast along with the meat.
- Place seasoned roast in a 350-degree, pre-heated oven and roast to these temperatures*:
145 degrees for beef or lamb
160 degrees for pork
165 degrees for poultry
- You should always use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the meat because it is the most accurate method for making sure the meat is done.
- Remove meat when it is 5 degrees from reaching these temperatures and let meat rest for approximately 10 minutes before slicing (keep in mind: meat continues to cook after removing it from the oven another 5-10 degrees).
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season in our Meat Department.
* These are USDA guidelines for proper cooking temperatures.