Go Organic – with Meat
From chicken and sausage to beef and deli meats, McCaffrey’s commitment to stocking Organic is exceptional. Below, we highlight a few brands with products* that we sell in our cases. They all have one thing in common – they’re full of flavor, but empty of GMO’s.
Here are a few of our staffs’ favs that we serve to our own families:
CHICKEN – try this recipe for Mediterranean Chicken and Tomatoes that can star any of the fresh, organic chicken highlighted below:
- McCaffrey’s Fresh Organic Chicken – USDA Organic and Certified Humane – Hand-cut premium chicken tenders, drums & thighs, and party wings. Try this recipe for Chicken Thighs with Farro.
- Bell & Evans® – Fresh Organic Chicken – chickens raised on an all vegetarian diet of corn, extruded and expeller pressed soy beans, vitamins, minerals and plenty of fresh well water. No antibiotics . . . ever.
- Smart Chicken® – Organic Chicken – As part of the organic certification, their certified organic chickens are fed a certified organic, certified non-GMO diet.
- Plainville Farms – Organic Ground Chicken and Turkey – their chickens and turkeys are never given antibiotics; are fed a vegetarian diet, including plenty of water; and, are humanely raised.
SAUSAGE – try this diabetic, heart-healthy and gluten-free recipe for Quinoa Jambalaya that features chicken sausage.
- Applegate – Sliced Organic Cheeses, Sliced Organic Deli Meats, Organic Bacon, Dinner Sausages and Beef Franks – click here to read about their mission: Applegate Humanely Raised.
- Bilinkski’s™ – Organic Chicken Sausage – made from free range, organic chickens fed a 100% vegetarian, antibiotic-free diet, plus free from preservatives, casing, gluten, soy, GMOs, chemical herbicides and pesticides! Just heat & serve!
BEEF – try this Cocoa Filet Mignon with Creamy Cauliflower recipe with either of these grass-fed varieties:
- Pure Land America – Organic Grass Fed Beef – their products are never treated or fed with antibiotics, hormones, growth promotants or genetically modified organisms (GMO’s).
- Dakota – 100% Grass Fed Beef – follow strict standards of the USDA’s National Organic Program, including rules for humane handling, animal living conditions and pasture standards. The use of GMO feed is prohibited.
*Varieties may differ per store.