Talk of the BBQ.
If you want a healthy, light and delicious dessert for your next BBQ, try this recipe! It kicks pineapple up a notch . . . and your guests will love it!
Chef Eric’s Grilled Pineapple with Mint Honey Yogurt Dip
- 1 Pineapple
- 1/8 cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Mint
- Wash and core the pineapple.
- Cut pineapple into 6 sections, lengthwise.
- Lightly spread pineapple sections in brown sugar.
- Pineapple may be grilled in wedges or cut and put on soaked skewers.
- Place pineapple on preheated gas grill and grill for 4 minutes or until lightly charred. Flip and grill for another 2 minutes.
- While pineapple is cooking, combine yogurt and honey for sauce.
- Remove from grill. If not a skewer, cut pineapple in chunks. Garnish with chopped mint or add mint to yogurt sauce.
- Serve with yogurt sauce.
Makes 6 servings (1/6th
of pineapple or 1 wedge and 2 T yogurt sauce)
140 calories/serving 1 gram fat
.5 gram saturated fat
< 5 grams cholesterol
40 milligrams sodium
31 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
26 grams sugar
4 grams protein
Values listed represent a nutritional analysis. There are natural variations that occur in all recipes; these figures may not be exact and are provided for informational purposes only.
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season
in our Produce Department