Event Featured Recipe
Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes and BasilMakes 6 servings – approximately ½ cup each
1 lb. Angel Hair or Capellini Pasta
1 lb. fresh plum tomatoes, diced (about 4 small or 3 medium tomatoes)
1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
¼ cup grated Romano Cheese
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
Salt – optional, to taste
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2½ Tablespoons olive oil or olive oil blend
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In the meantime, add oil to large skillet and heat on medium until hot.
- Add fresh garlic to oil. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes to garlic and olive oil, stirring occasionally until heated through about 1- 2 minutes.
- Combine pasta and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add fresh basil and gently mix together.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Total fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 1.5 grams
Chol: Less than 5 milligrams
Sodium: 70 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 27 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Sugar: 2 gramsValues listed represent a nutritional analysis. There are natural variations that occur in all recipes; these figures may not be exact and are provided for informational purposes only.