Grilled Cake? You Bet!
Pick up a prepared Angel Food Cake from the McCaffrey’s Bakery Department. Grilled Angel Food Cake pairs well with fresh berries from our Produce Department and whipped cream or ice cream.
McCaffrey’s Grilled Angel Food Cake with Balsamic Marinated Berries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ pint fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 freshly prepared Angel Food Cake
- ¼ stick of sweet butter, melted
- Prepared whipped cream or ice cream
Pre heat grill pan or grill to medium.
1. In a medium size bowl, toss prepared strawberries with balsamic vinegar, mint and sugar; let stand at room temperature until sugar dissolves, at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 30 minutes add in the blackberries and raspberries and gently mix in.
2. Cut angel food cake into 6-8 wedges and brush slices with melted butter. Place cake on the preheated grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly toasted.
3. Place grilled Angel Food Cake slices on plates and serve with marinated berries and the prepared whipped cream and or ice cream.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see What’s in Season in our Bakery Department.