Gourmet Cheese 101
Cheese & Fruit/Wine Pairings
When it comes to cheese and fruit, pairing is everything. The key to success is balancing fat, acid and taste.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- — Chevre with cherries or strawberries
- — Blue Cheese with pears, figs or sweet peaches
- — Aged Gouda with apples or pears
- — Manchego with apricots or figs
- — Gruyere with blackberries or cherries
- — Feta with watermelon or grapes
- — Brie and dark sweet cherries like Bing Cherries
Wine and cheese pairing possibilities are endless.
But a few simple tips will make it easy:
- Bloomy cheeses work well with Chardonnay, Champagne, Pinot Blanc, or Sparkling Wine.
- Hard cheeses pair well with Chianti, Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
- Blue Cheeses pair well with Port or Riesling.
- Fresh cheeses pair well with Beaujolais, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season this spring.