Making a Pot of Fondue.
Here are a few good tips:
- The more cheeses you combine the more interesting the flavor of the fondue will be.
- Start with a combination of three different types of cheeses totaling about 1 lb. chopped into several chunks.
- Rub the inside of the sauce pan with ½ clove of garlic and throw the other ½ into the sauce pan.
- Add two cups of dry white wine to the sauce pan with the cheese and begin to melt low and slow, stirring frequently.
- When the cheese starts to bubble and thicken slightly add 2 tablespoons of corn starch and continue to stir until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to fondue pot.
- You may also add different herbs and spices like fresh thyme, chives or sautéed leeks.
- Make sure that you have different breads along with plenty of beer and wine.
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season