Cheese Lovers Comfort Foods.
Try experimenting with different types of cheeses and complementary ingredients in your mac & cheese and grilled cheese recipes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Gruyère a great melting, Alpine cheese that is rich & creamy with a slight nutty taste
- Smoked Gouda caramel sweetness with a hint of smoke that makes a marvelously smooth and creamy mac & cheese with a little bit of bite
- Manchego a distinctive flavor, not too strong with a buttery & creamy texture – good for grilled cheese or mac & cheese
- Monterey Jack a mild flavor and a gooey texture when melted, it is an excellent match when paired with spicy dishes
- Cheddar Cheese varies in flavor depending on the length of aging and its origin – the longer it ages, the drier and sharper it becomes
According to our Experts, here’s What’s in Season