Bright and Bold
Here are some interesting facts about one of our favorite summer flowers: Cockscomb!
- also known as wool flowers
- comes in a variety of colors – yellows, pinks & reds
- grows long stiff stems 12” to 28” long & has no fragrance
- blooms with a compacted crested head (shape similar to cauliflower) which makes them an excellent fresh or dried cut flower
- usually blooms from summer through late fall
- lasts up to 12 to 15 days of vase shelf life
- needs full sun or light shade with organically rich soil that is moist but well-drained
- great for border or pathway edgings
- grows well in containers
According to our Experts, here's What's in Season in our Floral Department.