Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Brown Butter Sage Sauce.
Here's a great fall dish to accompany the full and rich flavor of our Imperial Stouts.
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree - canned or fresh
¼ cup butter
2 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. nutmeg & cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons pine nuts
2 Tablespoons fresh sage
¼ cup parmesan
- Mix first 6 ingredients in food processor. Add flour and pulse for 15 seconds.
- Scoop into pastry bag with 1” tip & refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Boil pot of water with 1 Tablespoon salt.
- Pipe in gnocchi into pot cutting off at ½ inch lengths.
- Cook until puffed (4-5 minutes).
- Using slotted spoon, place on oiled sheet pan and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Prepare sauté pan – add butter to medium heat until caramel brown.
- Toast pine nuts lightly.
- Add 2 cups of gnocchi.
- Stir until cooked through & crispy.
- Finish with fresh sage, parmesan and salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
According to our Experts, here's What’s in Season this fall.