Barbecue with Beer.
Here's a new twist on grilling your favorite bratwurst, knockwurst, sausage or kielbasa.
2 cans or bottles of lager beer
1 tsp. caraway seeds
1 tsp. celery seeds
2 tsp. dry mustad
1 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsps. brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 pounds of your choice of bratwurst, knockwurst, sausage or kielbasa to boiling lager mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep meat in the broth until ready to grill.
- Place on grill to sear and make grill marks. Remove when internal temperature is 160°.
- Serve on a club roll with spicy mustard and your choice of accompaniments – sautéed and chopped bacon, caramelized onions, sweet peppers and diced potatoes.
According to our Experts, here's What’s in Season this summer.