Butternut Squash & Beer Soup
Makes 4 servings
Here's a great fall dish to accompany the malty sweetness of your favorite Winter Warmer.
2 tablespoons butter
2 whole shallots, diced
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup beer (ale or darker)
4 cups chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon parsley &/or pumpkin seeds
salt & pepper to taste
- Heat butter in medium saucepan with shallots on high heat until light brown.
- Add squash. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in for 1 minute.
- Add beer. Reduce liquid volume by half.
- Add broth & heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to high. Simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree in blender or with an immersion stick.
- Serve into bowls.
- Top with parsley or pumpkin seeds and salt & pepper to taste.
According to our Experts, here's What’s in Season this fall.