for Cinco de Mayo and Beyond . . .
Hot out of the oven, this heaping pile of tortilla chips loaded with flavorful, spicy beef and gooey cheese holds undeniable appeal beyond the 5th of May! Make with our McCaffrey’s fresh ground beef for best results.
McCaffrey’s Ultimate Beef Nachos
½ lb. McCaffrey’s fresh ground beef
2 Tbls. dark chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups finely shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
1 cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup sliced scallions
½ cup sliced black olives
1 cup prepared salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup fresh whole cilantro leaves
1 cup sliced pickled jalapeños, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the rack in the center position.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Place the chips in a single layer on the prepared pans.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add in ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir until well until fully cooked.
- Spread the beef mixture on the chips, dividing evenly between the two pans. Sprinkle the pans with the cheese, using 1 cup per pan.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with diced tomatoes, green onion, and black olives. Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce and cilantro leaves. You can add in optional pickled jalapeños as well.
According to our Experts, here's What’s in Season this spring.