Java Jim's 101
Delicious on Hot Summer Days.Make your cold brew, cold press or Toddy iced coffee* at home or come in to Java Jim’s and we’ll fix one for you in no time!
Ingredients & Supplies
• 1 lb. of your favorite Java Jim’s coffee (we use French Roast), coarsely ground (let our barista do that for you)!
• 1 gallon cold-filtered water
• 1 container or jar
• Coffee filter
• Mesh strainer or cheese cloth
• Bowl to strain coffee into
• Put your coffee grounds in the container or jar and pour cold water over the top.
• Stir the mixture until it is well combined.
• Put the lid onto the container or jar and place it in the refrigerator.
• Let the mixture steep for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
• Place the mesh strainer or cheese cloth over the bowl and lay a coffee filter over the top.
• Pour the cold brewed coffee over the strainer and let it strain until it all drips through. Get rid of the grounds.
• Rinse the container or jar you used to brew the coffee and pour the filtered coffee back in the jar. Secure the lid. Refrigerate for up to 14 days.
*Very low acidity, more intense flavor, not astringent, less caffeine and livelier on your palate!
According to our Experts, here's What's in Season in our Gourmet Coffee Department.