Ask Our Expert
A:Choosing the perfect roast includes size, color, marbling, fat, shape and our butcher’s expert advice:
• Size – plan on approximately 8 oz. for each adult and 4 oz. for each child, adding a little extra for big eaters and/or leftovers
• Color – bright, cherry red is what you are looking for!
• Marbling – the little white flecks = tenderness, juiciness and awesome flavor!
• Fat – you need a thin layer on the outside of the roast for a perfect crust!
• Shape – look for a roast with consistent shape throughout for even cooking
• Expert Advice – our butchers can recommend and cut & tie a roast to your specifications. Just ask!
See Meat 101 for some simple tips for seasoning and cooking your roast.
Have another Meat question? Ask our Meat Expert.
Director: Meat, Deli, Gourmet Cheese and Coffee