Edamame Salad with Kale and Vegetables
Makes 8 – 1-cup servings
- 3 cups shelled fresh or frozen edamame (if frozen, cook according to directions)
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium scallions, sliced
- 2/3 cup fresh, frozen (defrosted) or canned corn kernels
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups kale, chiffonade
- 1 ¼ teaspoons peeled minced shallots
- 2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cilantro, dried
- 1 ¼ teaspoons mint, dried
- Salt – to taste, optional
- Combine edamame, tomatoes, scallions, corn, red pepper, onion, carrots, and kale in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing – combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil in a bowl and whisk together. Add in shallot, herbs, pepper, and salt if desired.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over edamame mixture and enjoy.
Nutrition Info – 200 calories, 16 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 mg of cholesterol, 40 mg of sodium, 10 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar, 6 grams fiber.