Mediterranean Chicken and Wild Rice Cups
Serves 12 – 3 mini cups/serving
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, ﬁnely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a miniature muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked rice, chicken, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, black olives, feta cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Spoon approximately 1 ½ tablespoons of mixture into each cup, ﬁlling to just below the rim. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with tzatziki sauce (optional).
NOTE: Alternately, use a 12-cup muffin tin for a larger muffin, increasing cooking time to 20-25 minutes. **These rice cups are great for a quick meal or a snack as they can be served hot or cold. They freeze easily and travel well. (Perfect for a school lunch!)
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 160, Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 75 mg; Sodium: 350 mg; Carbohydrate: 13 g, Fiber: < 1 g, Protein: 12 g
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
Makes 6 – 1 ½ Tablespoon servings
- ½ cup finely grated cucumber
- 1 cup thick whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint, optional
- Place the cucumber on a towel and gently squeeze out a bit of the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, dill, and mint, if using.
- Chill until ready to use.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 35, Fat 1.5g; Saturated fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0g; Sodium: 15 mg, Carbohydrate: 2 g, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 4 g