Event Featured Recipe
Makes 6 – 1 cup servings
Ingredients5 cloves sliced garlic
2 drained anchovy fillets packed in oil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 lbs fresh plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes and their juices
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup halved, pitted oil-cured black olives
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lbs quartered small red potatoes
1 medium unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes eggplant
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 peeled and quartered shallots
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes halibut fillets
1 Tbsp drained capers, rinsed
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly coat a medium pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over low heat. Add garlic, anchovies and red-pepper flakes and cook, breaking up anchovies, until garlic is softened, 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Stir in olives and black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes and eggplant with oil, shallots and black pepper to taste. Spread mixture in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle salt over mixture and roast for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes and eggplant over and roast for 20 minutes longer, or until potatoes and eggplant are soft.
- Remove baking dish from oven, add fish and season with black pepper. Place on bottom oven rack and roast until fish is just opaque in center, potatoes are golden brown and tender, and shallots are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon sauce on plates before serving and top with fish and vegetables. Garnish with capers and parsley.
Nutrition Facts Serving size: about 1 cup per Serving: Calories: 272, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 343mg, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 16g
Values listed represent a nutritional analysis. There are natural variations that occur in all recipes; these figures may not be exact and are provided for informational purposes only.