Event Featured Recipe
Makes 2 Cups or 8 – ¼ cup servings
- 4–6 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon additional spices such as crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (optional)
- Mix cubed bread, olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other spices you desire in a large bowl until bread is evenly coated.
- Transfer to a parchment covered baking sheet. Spread evenly so croutons do not overlap as much as possible.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes, or until toasted.
- To store, place in an airtight container or bag and keep in your pantry for approximately one week.
Nutrition Facts 80 calories/serving Fat: 4.3 grams, Saturated Fats: .5 grams, Sodium: 120 milligrams* Carbohydrates: 10.5 grams, Sugars: 1.5 grams, Protein: 2.5 grams.
*does not include added sodium from optional seasonings
Values listed represent a nutritional analysis. There are natural variations that occur in all recipes; these figures may not be exact and are provided for informational purposes only.