Super Summer Kale Salad
Serves 8 – 1 cup each
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, leaves chopped (1 medium bunch equals about 8 cups chopped)
- 8 oz. shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup cashew pieces
- ¼ cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl.
- Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve remaining dressing on side.
Nutrition information: 220 calories, 12 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 170 milligrams of sodium, 23 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 16 grams sugar, 6 grams protein